3rd Murshidabad International Salon 2018
There will be 5 sections in the salon. Previously exhibited works are disqualified to enter in this salon. There are no restrictions as to subject matter except as outlined in the rules and definitions of specific sections. All entries shall conform to the stricter of these definitions for acceptances to be validated by all the International Organizations granting recognition or patronage.
Section A : Monochrome Open Digital Image (PSA PID)
Section B : Color Open Digital Image (PSA PID)
Section C : Nature Digital Image (PSA Nature Division)
Section D : Photo Travel Digital Image (PSA Photo Travel Division)
Section E : Theme – People (PSA PID Color)
The image size must be of maximum 1024 pixels wide and 768 pixels high including any borders and be a maximum of 800 KB. The files must be in JPEG format at 72 dpi resolution in sRGB profile.
Closing date : 8th December, 2018
Judging date : 15th to 18th December, 2018
Notification of results : 1st January, 2019
Exhibition date : January - February, 2019 (depending on the availability of Exhibition Hall)
Catalogue & Award posted : 5th March, 2019
PANEL OF JUDGES
Monochrome Open & Color Open Section
1. Mr. S R Mandal, EFIAP, ARPS
2. Mr. Partha Sarathi Sarkar, EFIAP, ARPS
3. Mr. Partha Sarathi Dhar, EFIAP, FFIP
Alt. : Mr. Amitabha Sil, EFIAP, ARPS, Hon. FIP
Nature & Photo Travel Section
1. Mr. Amitabha Sil, EFIAP, ARPS, Hon. FIP
2. Mr. Swapan Mukherjee, EFIAP, FFIP
3. Mr. Santosh Kumar Jana, EFIAP
Alt. : Mr. Partha Sarathi Sarkar, EFIAP, ARPS
Theme : People Section
1. Mr. S R Mandal, EFIAP, ARPS
2. Mr. Partha Sarathi Sarkar, EFIAP, ARPS
3. Mr. Mr. Amitabha Sil, EFIAP, ARPS, Hon. FIP
Alt. : Mr. Swapan Mukherjee, EFIAP, FFIP
For Overseas Entrants : US $24 for first two sections, US $6 for each additional section. Entry fee shall be paid through PayPal (ID : firstname.lastname@example.org) or by draft drawn on any bank in India in favour of “Photographic Society of Murshidabad”.
No Personal cheque / IRC will be accepted. Draft drawn on overseas bank will not be accepted. Government of India rules do not permit transfer of cash currency. Please do not send any cash currency otherwise it would be confiscated at customs and would be treated as not received.
For Indian Entrants : Rs. 800/- for first two sections, Rs. 200/- for each additional section. Entry fee shall be paid by NEFT transfer or by multicity bank cheque or by demand draft drawn in favour of “Photographic Society of Murshidabad” payable on any bank at Berhampore. Details of NEFT transfer must be mailed to email@example.com.
Beneficiary Name : Photographic Society of Murshidabad, Beneficiary Account Number : 4466000100027626
Bank Name : Punjab National Bank, Branch : Berhampore, Komal Gandhar Apartment, IFS Code : PUNB0446600
No Money Order will be accepted. PayPal for Indian entrants is not permitted.
Entries without appropriate entry fee will not be judged. No correspondence will be entertained in this regard.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF ENTRY FOR EXHIBITORS
1) The exhibition is open to anyone; however, an entry may be rejected when the sponsoring organization or its agent, in its reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to exhibition rules and conditions.
2) An image previously accepted in any MURSHIDABAD salon hosted by the Photographic Society of Murshidabad is not eligible for entry in this salon.
3) Entries are limited to not more than 4 images per section, category, or class. An entrant’s images will not be presented to the judges consecutively. An entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging in each section. Distribution of images shall be in the same round order as submitted by the entrant.
4) Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally. By virtue of submitting an entry, the entrant certifies the work as his own (aliases are not permitted). The entrant permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website. Note: Entrants who indicate that their images may not be reproduced or used “will not be eligible for awards” or inclusion in audio-visuals of the exhibition “and could be subject to disqualification” by the exhibition sponsors.
5) The exhibition assumes no liability of any misuse of copyright. Images may be altered, either electronically or otherwise, by the maker. All final work must be on photographic film, or on electronic file, or photographic or on photographic or electronic print material, mounting excepted subject to Nature and Photo Travel divisional restrictions.
6) All parts of the image have to be photographed by the author who is holding the copyright of all works submitted.
7) No title or identification of the maker shall be visible anywhere on the face of an image.
8) Each image must have a unique title. Once an image has been accepted in a FIAP & PSA Recognized exhibition, that same image, or a like “in camera” or a “reproduction” duplicate of that image:
i. May not be re-entered in any section of the same Division Star Ratings class in that exhibition regardless of media, format, or title.
ii. May not be re-titled for entry in any other PSA Recognized exhibition.
9) Words such as “Untitled” and “No Title” are not acceptable as part or all of an image’s title, nor are camera capture filenames or titles consisting of only numbers.
10) Images that meet the PID Monochrome definition are excluded to be entered in PID Color section.
11) Images containing possible offensive content to family viewing or nudity are not allowed in this salon and will not be judged.
12) All entrants must provide name and country data exactly the same in each exhibition entered to receive proper credit.
13) By the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP; that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking; that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP and that in case of sanctions following the non compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules. It is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations.
14) By entering in the salon, the author hereby expressly agrees to the FIAP document 2014/317 E « Conditons for application and regulations for organization of international photographic events » and especially to its chapter II « Regulations for International photographic events under FIAP patronage » dealing under Section II.2 with the FIAP participation rules and the red list.”
SUBMISSION OF DIGITAL IMAGES
a) All digital image files may be uploaded via our website : www.onlinepsm.org. or may be submitted as an attachment to the completed entry form on our email ID firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that CD/DVD will not be accepted.
b) In case of uploading via website, no renaming of image file is required; system will take care of it.
c) Special characters such as , ; : # & \ / ' which can interfere with processing of your data/entry and will be eliminated from your input; so please avoid use of them. If using these characters in the image titles, the characters do not appear, and this produces some strange title names.
d) For submitting through email, the image file shall be named as follows: surname -X- #### -YZ.jpg
where: surname is the family name, X is the first character (initial) in the given name, #### is the first 4 letters of the email, Y is the section letter (A, B, …) and Z is the image number within the section (1-4).
Example: The following four images were submitted in Section A, by Shibu Bhusan Das, Email : email@example.com
das-s-sbda-A1.jpg, das-s-sbda-A2.jpg, das-s-sbda-A3.jpg, das-s-sbda-A4.jpg.
LIST OF AWARDS
1) FIAP Gold Medal for each section (Total 5 nos.)
2) PSA Gold Medal for each section (Total 5 nos.)
3) GPU Medal for each section (Total 5 nos. – 3 Gold, 1 Silver & 1 Bronze Medal)
4) FIP Gold Medal for each section (Total 5 nos.)
5) PSM Medal for Best Portrait, Best Child Study & Best Surrealistic in Monochrome section (Total 3 nos.)
6) PSM Medal for Best Creative, Best Candid & Best Action in Color section (Total 3 nos.)
7) PSM Medal for Best Wildlife, Best Insect & Best Mammal in Nature section (Total 3 nos.)
8) PSM Medal for Best Architecture, Best Landscape & Best Festival in Photo Travel section (Total 3 nos.)
9) PSM Medal for Best Human Interest, Best Rural Life & Best Story-telling in Theme : People section (Total 3 nos.)
10) 2 nos. FIAP Ribbons for each section (Total 10 nos.)
11) 3 nos. PSA Ribbons for each section (Total 15 nos.)
12) 2 nos. GPU White Ribbons for each section (Total 10 nos.)
13) 2 nos. FIP White Ribbons for each section (Total 10 nos.)
14) 6 nos. Club Ribbons for each section (Total 30 nos.)
15) Chairman’s Choice Award for each section (Total 5 nos.)
16) Wade W. Clutton Memorial Plaque for “Best set of accepted images” in the salon
17) Benu Sen Memorial Plaque for “Best Club Award” in the salon
18) FIAP Special Light Blue Badge for Best Author in the salon
JUDGING & NOTIFICATION OF RESULTS
1) An entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging for that section.
2) The images will be displayed for judging using a 43" full HD IPS LED TV with native resolutions of 1920 pixels x 1080 pixels. The images will be
displayed at the actual pixel dimensions submitted.
3) Decision of the judges shall be final. Salon organizer reserves the right to withdraw any award if it thinks fit and proper by the judges.
4) All acceptances are eligible for PSA who’s who rating and star rating, GPU Distinctions, FIAP Honors as well as FIP Honors.
5) Notification of results will be published over the club’s website www.onlinepsm.org.
6) Individual notification of results will be made through email only.
7) An illustrated printed catalogue (80 + 4 pages), 4 stars awarded by FIAP, will be sent to all paid up entrant..
DEFINITION OF MONOCHROME DIGITAL IMAGE
PSA DEFINITION : An image is considered to be Monochrome only if it gives the impression of having no color (i.e. contains only shades of gray which can include pure black and pure white) OR it gives the impression of being a greyscale image that has been toned in one color across the entire image. (For example by Sepia, red, gold, etc.) A greyscale or multi-colored image modified or giving the impression of having been modified by partial toning, multi-toning or by the inclusion of spot coloring does not meet the definition of monochrome and shall be classified as a Color Work.
FIAP DEFINITION : A black and white work fitting from the very dark grey (black) to the very clear grey (white) is a monochrome work with the various shades of grey. A black and white work toned entirely in a single colour will remain a monochrome work able to stand in the black and white category; such a work can be reproduced in black and white in the catalogue of a salon under FIAP Patronage. On the other hand a black and white work modified by a partial toning or by the addition of one colour becomes a colour work (polychrome) to stand in the colour category; such a work requires colour reproduction in the catalogue of a salon under FIAP Patronage.
DEFINITION OF NATURE DIGITAL IMAGE
PSA DEFINITION & FIAP DEFINITION : Nature photography is restricted to the use of the photographic process to depict all branches of natural history, except anthropology and archeology, in such a fashion that a well-informed person will be able to identify the subject material and certify its honest presentation.
DEFINITION OF PHOTO TRAVEL DIGITAL IMAGE
PSA DEFINITION : A Photo Travel image expresses the characteristic features or culture of a land as they are found naturally. There are no geographic limitations. Images from events or activities arranged specifically for photography, or of subjects directed or hired for photography are not appropriate. Close up pictures of people or objects must include features that provide information about the environment.
Techniques that add, relocate, replace or remove any element of the original image, except by cropping, are not permitted. The only allowable adjustments are removal of dust or digital noise, restoration of the appearance of the original scene, and complete conversion to greyscale monochrome. Other derivations, including infrared, are not permitted. All images must appear natural.
For any queries, please contact
Mr. Shibu Bhusan Das, EFIAP, Hon.PESGSPC
C/O, Dr. A. K. Datta, BB - 47/8, Sector - I, Saltlake
Kolkata - 700064, INDIA
Tel. : +91 94331 41971 | Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr. Krishnendu Singha Roy, AFIP
C/O, Studio Ajanta, 78, B. B. Sen Road, P.O. Khagra
Dist. Murshidabad, INDIA. PIN - 742103
Tel. : +91 94757 66640 | Email : email@example.com